Old 22-02-2004, 04:02 AM
Corcoran. Bil

Default [IBC] bored

Adam:

I wish I knew more about your tree dying problems but I'm sure I don't.
I'm fairly new to this but I have found a way to make the rest of my
busy life work and still be able to practice the hobby I love. I would
say do what you need to do. I have no real picture of your life but I
did read that you love bonsai and as such you should find some way to do
the things you love. Life's too short.

Maybe for now you need to put some trees in the ground and think long
term. Let mother nature take care of them and let them grow and get a
fat trunk and come back to them in a few years. Buys some $5 Lowe's or
Home Depot junipers and have fun with them. Prune them and stick them
in the ground until you have the time or money to do more. Cruise the
web sites, hit the club meetings when you can, but keep the love for
bonsai alive. Maybe it has to be dormant for a few months or years but
in the end you'll come back to it.

My club has a mix, but is also mostly people older than me. I take that
as a challenge and I try to have fun with them. I try to be the funny
younger guy. I try to let them teach me what they know. In the end we
all benefit.

I'm sure some people in this list may be able to give you advice for
local nurseries. I have a few local favorites that I try to go to each
year and buy 1 tree. Maybe for now you can't do that, OR maybe for now
you can get 1 tree a year and that's it. Check out free sources....find
a way to dig some of your own for free. Even if it's just one a year
and even if you stick it in the ground for later you're keeping "it"
alive.

I can tell by your tone that you love it. Find a way to hang in there.
As we say in our club...."When in Doubt....Put them in the ground!"

Bil