Old 22-02-2004, 09:42 AM
Jock

Default Rod's Backyard was Cats etc

Rod,
Post it to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
When you create the post, type all the text as normal, there is a paper clip
at the top of the new message toolbar. Click on that and it will come up
with a box : 'Insert Attachment' - no, it's not a Lorena Bobbitt command
either, you just have to browse your files till you find the folder / file
you want to attach, double click the file, make any more amendments to the
post and send the message.
The image size is better if it's 100kB or less for all users to download in
under a day.
Looking forward to the posts.
Good Luck,
Jock

Alternately, M$ says this in their help menu:
To insert a file into a message
Click anywhere in the message window.
On the 'Insert' menu, click 'File Attachment', and then find the file you
want to attach.
Select the file, and then click 'Attach'.
The file is listed in the 'Attach' box in the message header.
Note
You can also add a text (*.txt) file into the body of your e-mail message by
clicking the 'Insert' menu and then clicking 'Text from File'.

"Rod Out back" wrote in message
| Stuff Snipped Here
|
| Interestingly, the loose ashy mitchell grass downs country is about
the
| only
| place where you will find a Collets Snake, which is a close relative
of
| the
| King Brown & Red-Bellied Black Snakes. Collets are very shy, and no
| doubt
| lethal if they bite. They live in the large cracks that develop as
the
| ashy
| soil dries out. Local Parks Officer told me very few people have seen
| them
| in the wild. Very pretty snake.
|
| **WOW**!!! Gee, got any pics?
|
| I'll see what I can do about some pics of all this; including the
| plovers
| guild if they are still there tomorrow.
|
| Cheers,
|
| Rod....Out Back.
|
| Thanks for a brilliant post, Rod! I never cease to be fascinated by
Other
| People's Gardens and your backyard sounds a lot like the sort I'd like
| have!
| Please give my best to Sgr Toiletto Frogoli and his dear Aunt Psycho!
;-D

> [...]
| finger. Before I could get my hand away, she had latched on, and had her
| jaws over the first knuckle! I was so suprised at her quick reactions, I
| didnt do anything for a moment. In this time, she wrapped 2 chubby little
| hands around my finger, and proceeded to get another knuckle down the
| gullet. As I looked in surprise and horror, she was eyeing off the next
| knuckle, and obviously thinking about it. I wondered about how she might
| cope when she got to the hand...
| It was about this time, I started to wonder if she might win! I started
| waving my hand about, and this damn frog was firmly attached to the other
| end!
| Anyway, after I had waved the hand around a couple of times, I put her
back
| down in the jar of water, and she decided to let this dinner opportunity
go.
| After returning my finger from her gullet, she proceeded to croak at me
| indignantly, and then sank into the water for a restorative soak. I fed
her
| 3 large hawk moths as a peace offering, which she ate with great relish.
| I think I took 5 minutes washing my finger after that.
|
| I see she is still out there this evening; glaring at all who venture out
| the coldroom.
| Weird, dangerous, and scarey animal.
|
| It's probably why I like her...
|
| I was wandering over to the laundry pre-dawn this morning at
5am(mustering),
| and I saw a big fat frog realising the mistake of jamming a big green
| christmas(stink) beetle into his gob. He had just encountered that horrid
| moment when you realise what an awful mistake you have just made. As with
| all nasty battles, the fighting degenerated into chemical warfare, of
which
| the beetle had plenty. A very hasty reversal of the whole swallowing
effort,
| and the beetle ran away unharmed. When I returned some 5 minutes later,
the
| frog was sitting with his tongue still hanging out. I gathered he didnt
| want it back any more...
| I expect he wont be doing THAT again for a while!
|
| We did have a fossil expert here living in the other homestead for a few
| years. He was very informative, and did a lot of assessments of what
fossil
| were in the area.
|
| I do have pics of most of the animals described, although none yet of Mrs
| Plover. I do have a pic of a Collets snake that I took at a reptile
exhibit
| at an ag show 2 years ago. Ours are the same as this one; just more
| inclined to bite, as the show ones were bred in captivity, and handled
| regularly.
|
| Problem is (and this is going to sound stupid), but I dont know how to
post
| them to a binary newsgroup, and link them so people here can view them.
If