Old 22-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Mike

Default Decking advice

The best advice is not to do it! Proof was supplied last week on the
news that it is dangerous and has caused accidents to rise. This
backed up what many of us had said already, that outdoor decking
turns into a slippery danger very quickly

only if used in the wrong locations eg shaded & damp where moss/algae can
build up or where leaves can build up in autumn. Decking IS a good option

if
used in the correct sort of location ie sunny & open nad not in a wet area
I'd avoid the lake disrtict for instance)

pk

Our local train station has a wooden platform and they are having terrible
trouble in making it non slip.

Conditions? South Coast of the Isle of Wight. Dry generally (and will be for
a long time see my water butts thread). Out in the open and Sunny

Decking? A five minute fad and fashion to be linked with blue fences and TV.
yuk :-(

Mike