Old 22-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Salty Thumb

Default recycling news - newspaper pots

Made some newspaper pots the other day. Decided to pass on cutting them in
strips worry about them falling apart, so i just made little origami pots
(yes 2nd grade art class does come in handy). They fall apart readily ...
until you stick soil in them. The soil pressure seals the folds together
so they seem to work pretty well. Just fold up the corners of a square of
newspaper to make walls and then fold the tops in. Mine are 2 ply.
They've been watered from the top and seem to be holding up fine, despite
the newspaper turning slightly yellow after being out 30 minutes. They
are in plastic try and are heavier from light watering ... wouldn't
surprise me if the bottom might fall out if I were to lift them out now.