Old 07-02-2003, 06:14 AM
Jerry Hoffmeister

Default Vacation recommendations

I also agree. Up here in Seattle, we have the Northwest Flower and Garden
show as well as several smaller shows around as well as our sale. Last year
at the NWF&GS, I could only find 2 plants I was interested in buying that
were being sold at a price I thot was fair. At the smaller shows w/ local
small vendors, I usually have to *try* to control myself and set budget
limits...

"michael exler" wrote in message
m...
Thanks for the insight Mick.
I too do not care for the cotton candy, but prefer the more hard to find.
If I have to decide between the two it will be Redlands.
Michael

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
D,

Regarding the Miami Show, if you like second rate orchid hybrids then

the
Miami Show is great... otherwise it is just one big bore with all it

fake
"classy" ambiance, red carpets, elevator music, and overpriced hybrids.

In a real show (eg the Redlands) I prefer to have/see more tables lined

with
unusual hard-to-find plants for sale... not space-hogging over-glorified
cheesy orchid displays of pink hybrid phals. But then again that is

just
my
preference I suppose.

Mick

PS... ever see any new-blood/exciting vendors in the Miami show? I

think
not. It is the same old broken down boring (mostly Floridian) vendors

year
after year after year with the same old boring hybrids with you-know-who
dictating every aspect of the show and adwarding himself a couple of

awards
each year. Yuck.