Old 22-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Decking advice

"Len" wrote in message
Hello,

Please excuse me if this is an old chestnut but have not monitored this
group before.

Am looking for some advice on the advantages/disadvantages of types of
decking.

Am planning a patio and path scheme for the garden.

Have priced up at the local Timber yard and have estimated materials,
including joist and fixings at:-

approx. £300 Redwood Reversible (38mm x 125) and £500 (28 x 145).

Could someone kindly advise me on the pros and cons of Redwood v Hardwood
and the thickness.

Thank you in advance, Happppppppppppy Everythings,

All decking has the severe disadvantage that it is a temporary fad in the
gardening scene. A few years from now you will be much more with-it if you
don't bother to install any decking at all.

Franz