Old 22-02-2004, 07:14 PM
kenty ;-\)

Default Decking advice

Getting decking that has wide grooves helps with the slippery surface
issue,but you are unlikely to be using the deck when it is raining or most
of the winter.Someone quoted accidents are on the up on wooden surfaces this
was mainly about laminate/wooden floors in houses is more popular now.I
would have a deck in my garden,you have to keep it clean & don't run on it
when it is wet,but this goes for any hard surface in the garden.Slabs
,bricks etc all get moss on them in damp situations.So this would not put me
off,it is a matter of taste.If you like decking go for it!

--
Thanks Keith,U.I.
"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Am looking for some advice on the advantages/disadvantages of types of
decking.

Am planning a patio and path scheme for the garden.

Have priced up at the local Timber yard and have estimated materials,
including joist and fixings at:-

approx. £300 Redwood Reversible (38mm x 125) and £500 (28 x 145).

Could someone kindly advise me on the pros and cons of Redwood v

Hardwood
and the thickness.

Not a good idea in a cool damp climate like the West coast of the UK.
Decking works fine in places like Southern California but readily gets
slippery if the climate is damp.