Old 22-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Brian Watson

Default Decking advice

"Robert" wrote in message
: Hello,
:
: Please excuse me if this is an old chestnut but have not monitored
: this group before.
:
: Am looking for some advice on the advantages/disadvantages of types of
: decking.

The best advice is not to do it! Proof was supplied last week on the news
that it is dangerous and has caused accidents to rise. This backed up what
many of us had said already, that outdoor decking turns into a slippery
danger very quickly

I painted all the upper surfaces of mine with one of those varnish-type
treatments into which a quantity of sharp sand had been stirred. It has
worked a treat through this last winter.

--
Brian
"I know about kittens and knitting. Will that do?"