Old 22-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Ricky

Default Help with rubber plant

"Steve Sinor" wrote in message
om...
I have a rubber plant that is growing great. I would like to take some of
it and plant it in other places in the yard. Does anyone know how to

start
new plants from the original one?

Your Rubber plant is a fixus (Ficus elastica "decora"). It will root very
quickly in moist soil. Be careful because once established they will grow
very fast and very large. We bought one at Wal-Mart for $4 around 4 years
ago and put it in the ground. It was around 18" tall when planted. It is now
25 feet tall with a 30 foot spread. I'm in South Florida, by the way.