Old 22-02-2004, 09:48 PM
sam crowell

Default [IBC] bored

Adam,

I feel like I must chime in here.

I tried to get "into" bonsai about 6 times in my life. First when I was
about eleven years old, again perhaps about 6 years later, etc. etc.
Finally about 6 years ago I started having some luck keeping trees alive,
and having them start to look like bonsai. My life is such that I can not
simply focus on my trees, and have that the central part of my
life/relaxation time, but I do feel none-the-less that is enriches my life,
and would not choose to let it go, even though there are times I feel I am
doing a shoddy job, and in good conscience, perhaps I shoud stop (darned
depressive episodes)...

In a nutshell, take a break, if you have a deep abiding interest in bonsai,
you will come back to it, perhaps the next round will be better. If you
never come back to bonsai, hopefully some of the lessons it teaches, and the
hopefully peaceful times it can provide will still have enriched your life.

But, I would caution, be wary of making decisions in haste borne of fatigue
or depression. At least with bonsai, should you decide to "quit", and
decide a couple weeks later that was a mistake, unless you have gotten rid
of all your tools, pots, etc. you can just start right up again.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide.

Sam Crowell
Klamath Falls, Oregon

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++