Old 22-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Theo

Default [IBC] bored

HI
must be spring time:-)
I started 25 years ago and nevere dropped bonsais two amoung the
first ones are still in my possession and alive
a pentaphilla and a Deshojio maple pics can be seen in my gallery
many bonsais come in and were given to other people later, some died
because of frost like nice camelias ,2 I years ago gave away some
others and decided to *slow down*..ank keep my old ones and than I
started buying again others from nurseries and seedlings.. and i an
not getting younger :-).... but yesterday I was thinking again that I
should think to a write down a legacy about them before something
happens nobody in my family is interested so it wil be a pity for tehm
to die after years of constant cures ..
Yes doing Bonsai is a long term commitment and sometimes is
depressing as things do not go as fast as we are used to do
and planification in time must be done to reach the targets ..
so cheer up.. if you need quick gratification buy a nice one , or
change hobby!
Theo

adam roler wrote:

to all,

well, i think its about time to call it quits. as of
late, i have been more discouraged about my art than ever.
i truly love bonsai. it is the only thing that could bring
me peace during a time of great turbulence in my life. but
now as i watch powerlessly as all my beautiful trees die, i
am almost certain that a chapter in my life has closed. i
can list all kinds of reasons. i guess i'll list some of
them here for my own sanity.
i don't have time. i am a young man with a wife and a
toddler. i work 50 to 55 hours a week to try to get ahead.
i think i might be able to maintain interest if i could
get my hands on something other than ficus, schefflera, or
boxwood. i have tried my local club but the only advice i
have been given is that i should go through mail order to
get good stuff (which i can't afford), or go to some
obscure nursery (which is always too far away). so i have
come to the conclusion that at least at this point in my
life, bonsai is not for me. i am 27 years old. all the
people at my local club that i have met or talked to are
over 50 (or at least significantly older than me). i wish
so much to feel like the last two and a half years in this
art were not wasted, but it gets harder every day. i look
at my trees now and feel helpless. i don't want to quit
but it seems i have no other option. due to the above
circumstances, my creativity has met its limit. i am
bored. so help me if you can. i hope this is not too
sappy for all of you. i mean all of this from my heart.
so thanks all for your kind words and wisdom. i hope to
hear from you soon.

in His grace,
adam roler
Indianapolis, Indiana

=====
"...we have (still) a great need for a Savior, and a great Savior for our need." -Derek Webb

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

--
EU Zone 7 GE (CH)
S.O.S.Bonsai online @ :