Old 22-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Franz Heymann

Default found a mouse in my loft!

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in

message

Warfarin-based poisons are not particularly unpleasant. The victims

just
get weaker and weaker and lapse into a coma.

The Warfarin tends to prevent the blood clotting, and the passage of
food down the gut abrades the villi (a design feature to allow

nutrients
to be absorbed through the walls of the blood vessels) and the

animal
loses blood internally, and weakens and dies. There is no pain

involved.

How do you know?

Because I have been eating it for twelve years now. On a small number

of
occasions I have had too much, resulting in internal bleeding. It is
entirely painless and the main symptoms are general creeping lassitude

and
very darkly coloured faeces.

You still haven't explained how you know that enough to cause death is
painless.

I another thread I did explain why I have enough experience to feel
reasonably safe in making that assertion.
Briefly: On one occasion I did take a sufficiently large overdoes to take
me to the brink of a coma without feeling any physical pain.

Franz