Old 23-02-2004, 01:42 AM
simy1

Default Help with rubber plant

"Steve Sinor" wrote in message . com...
I have a rubber plant that is growing great. I would like to take some of
it and plant it in other places in the yard. Does anyone know how to start
new plants from the original one?

Growing in Florida

straight cuttings work very well with a rubber plant, in fact better
with any other plant I have propagated (except vines or brambles such
as kiwi or raspberry or forsythia). I have made several new rubber
plants for friends. Use a 12" pot, take cuttings with only two or
three leaves, dip the cut into rootone, stick it into the pot, water
once, cover with a plastic bag, keep abve 60F. Believe it or not if
the bag is on you have to water only every 3 or 4 weeks. Keep out of
direct sun. Transplant to permanent location probably in early winter,
I don't think you can transplant before summer arrives.