Old 23-02-2004, 02:41 AM
China

Default Repairing the Lawn Mower

--
G'day Terry,
I've got to admit I love my little B&S 3.5hp. While it
could be argued that any mower is proof positive of Murphy's Laws, over many
years and many mowers they have given me the least trouble. Two strokes can
be good where you need that bit of extra grunt for a neglected lawn, but
those emissions are enormous, ( I don't know why the powers that be have not
raised the standards on that issue). I grew up with Victas but when several
years ago I bought a big wide cut model on which the casing between the
motor and catcher fatigued and split within 4 months I swore never again.
They refused any responsibility as I used it on 2 or 3 small nature strips
of clients and was therefore classed as a commercial user, and only entitled
to 3 months warrantee. I have of course, taken great pleasure telling any
who will listen and have cost them many sales since.

China
Wingham
NSW