Old 23-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Rod Out back

Default Rod's Backyard was Cats etc

Very worthwhile stuff snipped here

I heard a useful tip about snails the other day! (This is good, because it
doesn't pose a threat to the Blue Tongues!) Scatter el cheapo kitty litter

about
your snail-prone plants - it makes a bit of a mulch and deters snails

because of
its dessicant properties. I haven't tried it yet, but will - snails are

munching
on my tuberous begonias and my Sydney Rock Lilies!

I have heard this same remedy; the absorbant kitty litter dries out their
mucus faster than they can make it. A neat solution.
Kitty litter also works great in BBQ's, and cleaning up oil spills in the
garage.

Thanks again for the pics, Rod! :-D

3 more pics sent to alt.binaries.pictures.animals. 1 Echidna (called Mr
Prickle) who keeps an eye on termites for us, 1 Northern bullfrog I saw in
Rockhampton in Feb, and 1 Striped Burrowing Frog.

Cheers,

Rod......Out Back

P.S. Having some probs getting stuff off the video camera; it seems to be
more bit hungry for disk space than I first imagined. There is another way
of getting them to disk, but I am nearly finished the bookwork for 2nd
quarter last year, and shouldnt get distracted.....Yeah, right.