Old 23-02-2004, 03:35 PM
Laurie

Default The case of the shrinking planters

By the way, I live in the Northwest in the Cascade foothills in zone 6-7.
The mornings are still ice-covered and frosty. Should I start this now, or
when it stops freezing at night. I don't want to shock my daisies.

Another question.....I had a huge potato tree in a big round planter. It was
cut back last year. Do those things come back good enough to keep him? Also,
I have a very large buddleia, about 6' tall, that I cut back and all, but is
still full of leaves and branches and looking pretty good. Should I scratch
in some new soil and such? I got him last year and he is in his own big pot
on wheels, so his soil level isn't sucky like the planters.