Old 23-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Loosecannon

Default growing holly

"Elisobella" wrote in message
m...
I've just been given a holly bush and want some growing instructions,
please. I live several kms from the coast, in suburban Perth, WA. Best
grown in a pot/ground, sun/shade, feeding requirements, etc? Thanks.

Hi Elisobella,

I had one growing in Dianella and ripped it out because it was shaded out by
a pine tree. They need full sun to get a nice shape. Are susceptable to
scale insects. The leaves are prickly when dry and are not nice to walk on
barefoot.

This one made my list of a plant planted in the wrong position is a weed.

Good luck!lol

Richard