Old 23-02-2004, 10:18 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default lady bug trap?

wrote:

My house has lady bugs. They don't bother me much, but the wife has to
vacuum them about twice a week. I was wondering if there was a way to trap
them and put them back in the garden.

They are probably the Asian lady bugs that love it here. They will
swarm toward the windows that have the most sunlight and moisture. They
love bathrooms and kitchens. Also, you can leave a light on at night
and they will all end up at the light before dawn. I vacuum up ours
each day with a dustbuster with a crevice tool ($15 at ACE hardware
right now). Then I release them outdoors. They are supposed to find a
crevice to crawl into during the winter. Unfortunately some of the
crevices are the cracks around windows and doors. They sense the heat
and moisture.

The dustbuster is especially fun to get flys with. They are a more
challenging target than lady bugs. You can even use it to for small
cleaning tasks.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman