Old 24-02-2004, 01:31 AM
kenty ;-\)

Default Re DECKING Advice

Len,
Try not to take it too personally,but I know were you are coming from!
You get a few who are too opinionated & like to tell you what they
dislike,which is of no use whatsoever.By the end of the thread the original
question still hasn't been answered.They should keep there traps shut if
they cannot answer the question.

Example -Decking? A five minute fad and fashion to be linked with blue
fences and TV.
yuk :-(

Mike
Tosser :-)

--
Thanks Keith,U.K.

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Len" wrote in message
Re. Decking advice.

Thank you one and all for allowing me to use this Newsgroup.
However we seemed to have got away from the issue.
I was seeking advice on Hardwood v. Redwood not Decking v. alternative.

Would you believe I have just taken procession of a house which has two
wooden sheds -(shudder everyone) - at the bottom of the garden.
The 6 x 8 area between them is soil, quite muddy right now . What to do

?

Lay a clinker, gravel or stone path between them and use the remainder as

bed for gardening in?

At the top of the garden we have a large paving patio which is very

sad -
covered in algae and uneven. When wet looks sad, when dry looks sad.
Only slippery when wet would you believe.

The algae are not difficult to remove and it ought not to be impossible to
relay the paving stones. You will end up with something more permanent

and
more fitting for a garden than an alfresco dance floor.

[snip]

Franz