Old 24-02-2004, 04:09 AM
FF

Default replacing old fence

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:54:33 -0000, "Annelies" wrote:

NO suggestions at all????
You expect me to believe that?

"Annelies" wrote in message
. net...
We would like to rip a rotten overlap fence out - there is a chain link
fence right behind it keeping the next door school kids on their side
anyway. It is an East facing boundary with nothing much in front of it

(yet,
remember our blank canvass?) and we would like to plant climbers which

give
us our privacy back as fast and as long as possible.
The chain link fence is 7 ft high and about 80 ft long. Soil is not too

bad,
bit of clay but nothing extraordinary.

Suggestions?

I think I'd replace the fence!
You don't say what sort of school is next door but, unless they're tiny, the fence is
going to take a battering from footballs, fights, kids tying bits of string to it (or
other kids!), kids climbing it etc etc. And if they are tiny it would probably be a
kindness not to plant anything too poisonous:-) And what ever size they are, there
will still be a few who spend the whole lunch hour staring through the fence at you.

Liz
(who has done time as a dinner lady, and knows these things)