Old 24-02-2004, 04:18 AM
Pedt

Default 1st CFV : Create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.gardening.allotments

martin said:
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:51:45 -0000, "Robert E A Harvey"
wrote:

I've voted.
Have you?

Did you receive a confirmation of your vote?

I guess there's probably a few people inhabiting u.r.g who've never
wanted to participate in a vote before so, to save anyone emailing me
wondering about no immediate confirmation:

Votes are checked by hand rather than automated. Confirmation of vote
or any clarification request then expect 2-3 days at the moment. In the
unlikely event you haven't received an acknowledgement or clarification
request in 5 days then please contact me on the address listed, not to
my Usenet Reply-To: - the query address is read at least thrice daily.

quote from CFV
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT OF YOUR BALLOT PAPER

The votetaker will send you an acknowledgement so that you know
that your ballot paper has been received. This may take up to five
days.

If you have not received such an acknowledgement after five days,
then contact the votetaker directly at
/quote

Hope that clarifies things.
--