Old 24-02-2004, 04:44 AM
Terry

Default Palm Tree Question

Hi Wayne,
THe palms that immediately come to mind are the Windmill Palm and the
Dwarf Palmetto Palm. Both have been grow in Zone 7 and the Windmill
Palm will "sometimes" survive in Zone 6 (needs to be in a
microclimate). The one proviso here is that they will not achieve the
heights that they would in a more southern climate, but they will
survive, and they will look great next to your pond.
Terry

"Wayne" wrote in message .com...
Does anyone know of a palm tree that will survive the winters in Zone 7A,
North Carolina. I'd like to plant one or two next to my pond in my back
yard. Thanks!