Old 24-02-2004, 03:42 PM
escapee

Default lantana

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:59:21 -0700, Captain Chlorophyll
opined:

Cereus-validus wrote:
If you trim it all the way to the ground, it probably won't come back.

Here in southern New Mexico, Lantana is an herbaceous perennial, and you
*have* to cut it to the ground each winter. As long as the soil doesn't
remain cold and wet in the winter (such as when overplanted with Pansies
or other winter annuals), it should come back just fine.

Yes, it's very reliably hardy in Texas USDA Zone 8b, as well. I cut mine to the
ground about now. I am starting to see new growth at the base.