Old 24-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Adam

Default John Deere 140 Tractor Is it worth it?

Thanks for the help guys. Is the $1799.00 Price you quoted a sale
deal, or is it the retail price? I understand where you are coming
from. If I just buy the snow thrower from him will it fit on this new
one if I buy it?
Thanks,
Adam

"Bob Provencher" wrote in message ...
"KCnRichmond" wrote in message
Brand new JD L-110 is $1799.00 w/2 year warranty, 17.5 hp Kohler, 46"

deck,
Hydrostat, w/cruise control, spin on oil filter, automotive style

adjustable
seat, fuel sight gage, hr. meter., deep domed double dipped deck, 18"
turning radius, Dana rear end, will operate snow thrower on front also,
Rated in top 3 in consumer reports.....Go the distance....No interest, no
payments till 2005 at Home
On the other note, guy has something for sale because he moved? Tractor
poops out in 15 days, no recourse??? Hmmmm...Not so good deal?

To be fair you'd have to include the price of the snow blower in the above
since that is included in his $950 price.

I agree the engine sounds a little lite for that deck. I run the LX173 15hp
with a 42" deck and it has trouble going through thick grass.

On a side note if I was going to buy a brand new mower I'd look at ZTR's
unless I planned on other attachments or towing a cart.