Old 24-02-2004, 06:16 PM
The Watcher

Default Tainted Soil

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:46:05 -0600, Katra wrote:
(snip)
I used Cinderblock.
Cheap, and permanent. ;-)

I tried cinderblocks, but didn't like a few things about them. They tend to wick
water from the beds and they are very uncomfortable to work around. I don't have
any "border" around my beds right now, but they're not really raised either. I
planned on raised beds, but once I got most of these Ozark rocks out of the beds
I had sunken beds. Adding organic matter and not compacting the soil has left me
with beds that are pretty much level with the surrounding soil.