Old 24-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Wayne

Default Palm Tree Question

Good point... I hadn't even thought of that. I was going to plant it, once
I find one that will live, on the border of the pond. That defeats my
purpose for having the palm. I wanted to give the pond that tropical look.
Thanks for replying.

"stricks760" wrote in message
ink.net...
Maybe not a North Caroline species, but absolutely avoid a Queen Palm in
close proximity to your pond. Roots will grow through the liner like it's
not even there. Only solution is concrete (or some distance) between the
palm and the liner.

"Wayne" wrote in message
news
Does anyone know of a palm tree that will survive the winters in Zone

7A,
North Carolina. I'd like to plant one or two next to my pond in my back
yard. Thanks!