Old 24-02-2004, 06:54 PM
The Watcher

Default Have very old Grapefruit tree and want to start successor with same taste

On 16 Feb 2004 16:47:31 -0800, (m v) wrote:

Hi,

I have a very old grapefruit tree with great tasting fruit. Really the
best grapefruit I have ever had. It is white, large, and very sweet.
I don't know the specific cultivar or rootstock. It is in S. Florida.
How can I find out?

The tree is 30-35 years old and looks like it is declining. There is
some bark damage around the trunk. It is about 25.' tall How can I
start a new tree with the same traits?

Cloning is called for. Air layering is often recommended for citrus trees.
(snip)