Old 24-02-2004, 09:32 PM
madgardener

Default A really tall sedum

Ok, then how about Diablo nine bark? dark almost black-burgandy leaves,
exfoliating bark as it matures, nice fall color, with the bark and stems
showing nicely during winter. Or for that matter, can you grow Oak leaf
hydrangea? THAT is a four season plant...............
madgardener
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I grow most of those - the Achillea comes closest in terms of shape and a
hint of winter interest, but it just isn't tall enough. Agastache doesn't
survive here (the only people I know that have any luck with it either let
it reseed it self or it is sheltered).

I want TALL - 4 foot plus and some hint of four season interest -
interesting foliage, color, seed heads.

Thank you for you thoughts,
Cheryl

On 2/23/04 6:42 PM, in article
, "Penny Morgan"
wrote:

Achillea x 'Coronation Gold' gets 24-36" tall. Has golden yellow

flowers
from late spring to summer with gray-green foliage. It's commonly known

as
Yarrow. Likes full sun (drought tolerant) and is good in zones 2-8.

Agastache x 'Blue Fortune' gets 40" tall. Blue-lavender flowers with
licorice scented leaves bloom from early spring throughout the summer.
'Tutti Frutti' gets 3-4' tall and has tubular pink flowers from

mid-summer
to frost. It has fragrant foliage that smells like tutti frutti. Both

are
good in zone 6-9 in full sun.

Baptisia australis "false indigo" - mid to late spring bloomer. Flowers

are
blue and mature fruit is black. Gets 36" tall and is good in zones 3-10
with full to part sun.

Baptisia pendula "white false indigo" has clusters of white pea like

flowers
that grow to 40" tall. Zone 3-10.

These are just a few perennials that could be used in front of the

grasses.
Don't forget Black Eyed Susans, Purple Coneflowers (Echinacea) and

Russian
Sage. Do a google on the plants listed and you can see what they look

like.

Good luck,

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Does any one know of a tall sedum?

Not Autumn Joy or kin tall (for me around 24" max), but a true back of

the
border sedum.

Or lacking a true sedum, something with the presence of a sedum that I

could
use near my tall (6 foot plus) grasses.

Thanks all,

Cheryl