Old 24-02-2004, 10:03 PM
madgardener

Default Virginia bluebells nubbins???!?

THEY don't play fair GBSEG and I now have the first daffodil. Not a great
one but one never the less.
maddie
"B & J" wrote in message
Rotten fairies! The ones I purchased a couple years ago didn't survive

until
the end of the first season much less come up too early the following

year.
You don't play fair...
John
"madgardener" wrote in message
Yesterday I was searching out all the signs of emerging. Someone has

gotten
a bit ahead of schedule in the flower wakening department.........or

it's
because this whiskey barrel is under a black cherry tree, facing west

and
with it's back to the east on a northward slope...........but I found

little
purplish nubbins all clustered together tightly.............madgardener

up
on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler where the fairies have obviously

gotten
little ahead of schedule? overlooking English Mountain in Eastern

Tennessee,
zone 7, Sunset zone where the massive high winds pruned part of the long
dead mimosa and spared my Diablo ninebark and Wine and Roses weigelia,
Lorepedilum Pizzazz and lilac bushes............