Old 24-02-2004, 11:21 PM
MC

Default A really tall sedum

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:03:14 -0500, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

One of the grasses is "Dallas Blues", the other is a no name that is finer
textured. DB gets over 6 foot, no name around 7 foot and a nice green and a
spiky bloom.

What I want is a "echo" effect, to repeat a great planting of a variegated
miscanthus, sedum Neon and a dark leaf coral bell - max height is about 3
feet and about 4 feet around.

So, I have the great grasses, lots of height, lots of coral bells. For now,
I have daylilies there, but as much as I love them, not there. I want that
late summer in to winter interest.

Cheryl

Another Oudolf book is Dream Plants for the Natural Garden. Great photos.
He also has one about desiging with plants.

Helenium Bruno
Monarda Jacob Cline or Raspberry Wine
Sanguisorba
Stachys grandiflora
Filipendula purpurea

You could always add Pennisetum Rubrum. It's an annual in northern
climies but nice. Another grass, you would like, is Pennisetum Moudry
which has gorgeous black seed heads.