Old 24-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] moss spores?

i wanted to plant some moss spores around my bonsai and wanted
to know if
there was any reputable places on the internet i can buy from.

I hate giving
my credit card numbers online, so I want a reputable business.

i tried franks nursery around my way, but all they have is

reindeer moss. i
want light green moss. i also cant find moss growing around

here.

Where is "around here?" If you can find it, that may mean your
climate is not good for moss (Hard to grow it in Phoenix, AZ.).

Check shady spots near storm drains, along drainage ditches, near
stormwater ponds, etc. If moss grows in your area those place
should have it. Local moss is 1000% better than mail-order
spores.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++