Old 24-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Andy Hunt

Default Siberian gardening

OK, OK . . . I know you think it was a silly question. It's actually my
job in local government to look into these things, so perhaps I can be
forgiven some of my silliness.

If it's your job, you should go back to the original research that
came up with the scenarios and not rely on newgroups. There is a lot
of sense talked on u.r.g. to do with gardening but few would claim that
it is an authoritative source for information on climate change.

Nor would I expect it to be . . . but it's the best source of info on
gardening that I've found! And I've learned at least one thing about climate
change on here, too, and I'm not too proud to say it!

As well as working as an Energy Officer, I just have a personal enthusiasm
for, and interest in, this stuff. I hope it's not offensive in any way.

Thanks for all the advice - it's much appreciated.

Andrew