Old 25-02-2004, 09:18 AM
PK

Default Bean weevil - Acanthoscelides obtectus

Kay Easton wrote:
In article , David Rance
david.ran writes
I've caught a few of them in a small jar in case I need to send them
to anyone. I could send you a few if you like! ;-)

There used to be a weevil expert in the Natural History Museum in S
Kensington, but since he is older than me he may have retired - but
they may have replaced him. If it is something that is uncommon in
UK, I imagine they'd be interested to see it.

Not as uncommon as you might think. we had an infestation originating from a
packet of mixed wild bird seed in the bottom of the larder cupboard. It took
us months to finallly rootle out all the opened packest of this and that
that were acting as reservoirs for reinfestation.