Old 25-02-2004, 03:04 PM
alex crouvier

Default Fluorite - How much rinsing ???!!!

Nemo,
I didn;t even wash my Fluorite. I just dump the
whole damn thing in the tank, fill the tank 2/3 way
and let the filter run and some of the fine dust to settle.
I changed the water 2 times over 10 hour period and voila, it is
reasonably clear. There is still some cloudiness but I could see
the back of the tank now.
In a week, the tank is absolutely crystal clear,
like other tanks that use that dustless Dennerle gravel.

"Nemo" wrote in message
"Chuck Gadd" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 23:16:31 -0500, "Nemo" wrote:

Nothing is dissolving. You are possibly creating more fine dust by
excessive rinsing.

Thanks Chuck. Do you "rub" the grains together when you rinse or just let
the water percolate for few minutes?

When you place the fluorite in the tank, do you get cloudy water?
For how long?
Are fish affected by it?
Should I expect a haze from the substrate everytime I plant a new

planting?

Thanks again