Old 25-02-2004, 05:06 PM
jane

Default 1st CFV : Create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.gardening.allotments

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:04:00 -0000, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

~
~"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
~
~ "Neil Jones" wrote in message
~ ...
~
~ "Franz Heymann" wrote in message
~ ...
~
~ "Neil Jones" wrote in message
~ ...
~
~ "Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote
~in
~ message ...
~ The message
~ from "Franz Heymann"
~contains
~ these
~ words:
~
~ I see nothing relating to the allotments issue in
~ uk.net.news.config.
~ What date and what title should I see?
~
~ 1st CFV : Create unmoderated newsgroup
~uk.rec.gardening.allotments
~
~ Ah. Too late, I see.
~
~
~ Too late? The voting has only just started...
~
~ How can it have started if I have not yet seen any reference
~ whatsoever to
~ this in ok.net.news.config?
~
~ Franz
~
~ I don't know precisely why you haven't seen it but the call for
~votes
~ was cross posted to the various groups rather than (as is implied in
~the
~ message) being posted to each group individually. Maybe you filter
~ crossposts?
~
~ No, I don't.
~ I guess I will just have to wait for a day or two to see what gives.
~ How long is the voting period likely to last?
~
~ Franz
~
~
~
~According to the voting rules, between 18 and 28 days.
~
~From the call for votes :-
~
~"To receive a ballot paper, you must send an email to the Ballot
~Request Address, which is xurga at request.ukvoting.org.uk."
~
~Regards
~
~Neil
~

I just sent a second request for a paper, and sure enough got a ballot
paper within a minute.

I decided in the end to vote no, as the argument in the CFV was rather
exclusive and his comment about 'monitoring discussion' didn't exactly
strike a good note. I think he should have asked the opinions of urg
before going over everyone's heads to unnc in the first place, and
actually participated in the group. I am happy chatting about my
lottie in urg.

--
jane

Mark Twain