Old 25-02-2004, 05:10 PM
martin

Default 1st CFV : Create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.gardening.allotments

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:48:25 +0000 (UTC),
(jane) wrote:

I just sent a second request for a paper, and sure enough got a ballot
paper within a minute.

I decided in the end to vote no, as the argument in the CFV was rather
exclusive and his comment about 'monitoring discussion' didn't exactly
strike a good note. I think he should have asked the opinions of urg
before going over everyone's heads to unnc in the first place, and
actually participated in the group. I am happy chatting about my
lottie in urg.

I've done the same and for the same reasons.
Perhaps there is a place for an allotment group, but not with the
charter proposed for this one.
I am not convinced that the whole thing isn't a practical joke/troll.
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad