Old 25-02-2004, 05:38 PM
David Rance

Default a shrub/tree for a new baby

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, jayjay wrote:

I am going to see my new grandchild in Aberdeen next week. I am
thinking of buying a rose tree or something that we can plant to mark
her birth. Have you any suggestions but not too outlandish, as I
only have access to quite ordinary garden centres. What grows in
Aberdeen, climbing roses? magnolias?
dwarf flowering cherries? what do you think?

I planted an oak tree in honour of my first grandchild nearly ten years
ago. It is now known as Charlie's Oak.

When he is an old man it'll still be a comparatively young tree and he
can shelter beneath its foliage.

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |