Old 25-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Empty

Default Japonica breeding habits

"Bruce Abrams" wrote in
et:

The thing is that I'd always understood that Japonica required
brackish water to breed and my planted, CO2 injected, 6.6 PH, low
carbonate hardness, peat filtered (you get the idea) tank can hardly
be considered brackish.

My tank is not brackish and I now have *three* shrimp carrying eggs.

I think that there are 2 "algae eating shrimp" in the hobby, the C.
japonica(yamato numa-ebi to Amano and another species. I suspect the
other species is what I have and is breeding.

As an experiment, I will be adding some phosphate to the water when I see
the first baby. I want to make sure they get enough to eat

~Empty

--
'You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it
kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other