Old 25-02-2004, 11:05 PM
madgardener

Default The fairies are ahead of themselves

The fairies are ahead of themselves. Yesterday during the surge of energy I
had when I started feeling like I had the flu, I went out to see if there
were any flowers. Well, yes, there were. The little daffodil fairy has a
sense of humor. She teased open one fat one out front on the western end of
the front bed. If we get the snow they're predicting, it'll be clipped and
brought in rather than let the snow burn it. And I have my first
Helebore!!! It was quietly sitting open, all cute and freckled faced in the
Salix garden on the west side of the house. More crocuses open and more
long green tongues poking up indicating that the rest of the narcissus are
not too far behind the early one. No sign yet of the hoops narcissus in the
pot, but lots of varigated tulip tongues poking up where I remember the
Pinochio's, Toronto's, and Waterlily tulips live. And the pot of sedums with
the 'Marilyn' tulip has returned, wheather or not it blooms is up to it this
year. I sprinkled bulb food to make sure................

Spring is close!!

madgardener up on the windy and cold ridge, back in Fairy Holler,
overlooking a cloudy English Mountain in EAstern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset
zone 36