Old 25-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Neil Jones

Default a shrub/tree for a new baby

"jayjay" wrote in message
s.com...
I am going to see my new grandchild in Aberdeen next week. I am
thinking of buying a rose tree or something that we can plant to mark
her birth. Have you any suggestions but not too outlandish, as I
only have access to quite ordinary garden centres. What grows in
Aberdeen, climbing roses? magnolias?
dwarf flowering cherries? what do you think?
--
jayjay

Not exactly answering your question, but when my daughter was born I
looked up her names in the RHS plant finder, and found that there is a
Clematis 'Anna' and a C. alpina 'Constance'. So we bought these, and
they're currently in pots but we intend to put them in the ground in due
course.

Regards

Neil