Old 25-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Sacha

Default Specimen Tree part Deux

Emery Davis25/2/04 10:34

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:02:22 -0000, "andrewpreece"
said:

] Hello,
]
] Further to my request for info on interesting specimen trees, I am now
] down to four candidates; acacia dealbata, amelanchier, robinia pseudoacacia
] "frisia", and the Rowan ( Sorbus Aucuparia ).
]

Andy,

I missed most of the original thread, but did anyone suggest a Liquidambar?
Very pretty, the variegated ones have a lot of interest.

I've got a Robinia Pseudoacacia frisia, been in for about 8 years. It's a
nice tree
but it takes a lot of wind damage. snip

That is why we tend to advise people buy Gleditisa triacanthos 'Suburst'.
It doesn't have the same wind damage but does give the most wonderful
colour.

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)