Old 26-02-2004, 08:06 PM
joshua s.

Default Recommendations for Roses along a pikcet fence and mail-order Suppliers?..................

Hi folks:

I am an experienced gardner but new to roses. We live in Concord, MA
about 20 miles northwest of Boston.

We are installing a 40" picket fence around most of our 100 yr. old
cottage style farmhouse. This will be a lot of fence and we'd like to
plant a lot of rose bushes along much of it. Much of the fence runs
East/West and a bit of it is North/South.

We are partial to older varieties but understand that many (all?) of
these bloom only once a season, which probably won't work for us-at
least not as an exclusive variety. So, what would you plant if you
were me? Finally, would you recommend some quality growers who ship
via mailorder, as well?

In any case-access to your expertise will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance-
Joshua Secunda