Old 26-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Paul Simonite

Default 3 year Old Manure

The message
from "Emrys Davies" contains these words:

'Julie',
The worse thing you can do it to use too much manure.
Simply spread the manure over the soil or around shrubs to a depth of
about 3". You can then dig or work it into the soil.

In addition, compost the surplus. We compost farmyard manure along with
grass cuttings and kitchen waste - it makes a wonderful compost. We do
have a large garden but we manage to get through a large tractor trailer
load each year. When we first started gardening this place ten years
ago the soil was nothing but a shallow, heavy clay. It now produces
great veg and plenty of soft fruit.

--
Cheers,
Compo

If a man talks in a forest and there is no woman there to contradict
him, is he still wrong?