Old 26-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Kay Easton

Default Custom made shed required

In article , BonzaiMaster
writes
I just can't imagine 12' x 3' being a terribly useful size, that's all.

A sheltered 12 ft long wall rack for tools and hosepipes filling in an
awkward gap by the side of a house? Or along the side of the garage
while still leaving space to walk outside the shed?

You are quite right - it's filling an awkward gap at the side of a new
house.

I think there's a planning law which says that you mustn't build within
3ft of a boundary (it's to allow you access for outside maintenance
without stepping on the next chap's land). I don't think it would apply
to a shed, which is a non-permanent structure (and certainly the garage
belonging to the neighbour at the end of our garden is only 6inches form
our wall), but it might be as well to chat over your plans with your
neighbour first, and get him on-side. Point out how much tidier this
will be than having a glory hole along the side of the house.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: