Old 27-02-2004, 12:49 AM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default This CFV thang..

In message , David W.E.
Roberts writes

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
I have been watching 'uk.net.news.config' for the CFV but it only arrived
very recently, along with another 3,000 posts.

There is now a long thread in 'uk.rec.gardening' in response, but none

shown
in 'uk.net.news.config'.

I replied to the CFV - which should have cross posted the reply to the 3

NG
in the original posting - but this reply seems to have disappeared.

snip

Part of the headers:

"From: Pedt Scragg
Newsgroups: uk.net.news.announce,uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gar dening
Subject: 1st CFV : Create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.gardening.allotments
Does the line "Followup-To: poster" do strange things?

My post in reply seems destined for the NGs - but then I am using OE which
may do non-standard things :-(

'Follow-ups to poster' means that the follow-up you post will only be
sent to the original poster of the message you are replying to, unless
you override the follow-ups.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: