Old 27-02-2004, 01:42 AM
Nedra

Default Dark water and algae that we can't get rid of

Marilyn, your post sounds exactly like the ones I was posting
several *years* ago. I tried everything under the sun to try
to get rid of the algae ... to no avail. Suddenly one morning I
awoke to a bright clear pond... it was about the 3rd year for my
pond. What I'm getting at is that patience is the best cure for green
water. BTW, my koi loved the algae!

Kathy has a great list that I hope she will post.

Nedra in Missouri
zone 6

"Marilyn Tate" wrote in message
om...
We put in a fish pond in the fall of 2002. The water was nice and
clear until spring of 2003, when it got very green. We used Aquazyme
liberally (recommended by Southern States - the business that we
bought all our supplies from) from spring until winter. Even through
the winter, the water has remained dark and we can only see the fish
when they are at the surface. We have underwater plants, water
lilies, and other plants. Does anyone know of anything else to
restore normal water color?