Old 27-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Daniel Morrow

Default Parasites eating freshwater plants?

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message ...
The white worms are planaria, harmless in a way, but a sign of poor water
quality, or maintenance issues.... I've had them, and most everyone has at
some point... not vacuuming or gravel cleaning is why it happens...

scrub the glass, do a vacuuming and they'll be gone for the most part... and
stop feeding so much...

Snails, well, other than pond snails, they're all ok...

Thanks for the response red, and salutations! I am probably going to
ignore the planaria as there is not too much more that I can do. At
this time I am ignoring vacuuming the gravel because I have baby
guppies in the tank and I don't want to suck any of them up and lose
them. Your recommendations are good though, just a different situation
here. I have read it is normal for fry to be in what normally would be
bad conditions for growth or getting a good start reasons. Breeders
writing about how their water stunk bad for the first few significant
amounts of time with baby betta fry for example (tfh breeding bettas
if I remember right) because of the green water or etc. Anyway -
thanks!