Old 27-02-2004, 02:12 AM

Default where does my Iron go?

"Nemo" wrote in message ...
" wrote in message
om...

[ ... ]

Keep the NO3/K+/PO4 in good shape, 10ppm/10ppm/.5-1.0ppm and the GH at
5 or higher degrees. CO2 at 20-30ppm while the lights are on. Test the
pH in the am and the pm to make sure/certain there is plenty of CO2 in
there.
You use CO2?

What source do you use for K+ ?
Thanks Tom.

KNO3, you can use K2SO4 if you want independent control of K+ without
affecting NO3/PO4. I also get a little K+ from KH2PO4, I do not need
to dose any K2SO4 since I get most of the K from KNO3 I need to
support good plant growth. Most folk's planted tanks are like this
unless they have a load of fish, high NO3 in their tap etc then adding
K2SO4 or KCl is added in place of the KNO3.

So in most cases, folks get enough K+ from the KNO3, roughly 4x the
amount of K relative to N. So there will always be an excess of K if
you have a moderate fish load, good plant growth, low NO3 in thr tap
water etc.

Regards,
Tom Barr