Old 27-02-2004, 03:32 AM
SAS567

Default rain, freezing rain, snow, winter warning.............

tonights frigid temperatures, Saturday will be in the upper 50's

Our temps are supposed to "reach" the lower 50's this weekend. It's the warmest
temps since last Nov. We have seen the coldest temps in many years. It's been a
very, very cold winter here. We used more propane than normal and have had to
plow that "white stuff" more than usual. The fridge I have in the garage didn't
turn on because of the extreme cold and I lost everything in the freezer.
It's been in the mid to upper 30's for the past 2 days and that's very warm to
us. We can finally see small swatches of lawn underneath the pine trees where
the snow was not too deep and melted quickly. I have a large place under a
scotch pine in my front yard that's also under my bird feeders where the
turkeys scratch for bird seed. I also have deer that come to the same tree to
look for dropped seed. The deer have advanced to the trick of standing on their
back legs, balancing very well and eating from my stationary bird feeder. Some
of the others have learned to tip the tree hanging feeders up with their noses
and draining all the seed out. I try to keep feed out all the time because the
deer are eating my trees & shrubs because they can't find food.
I am praying for spring!
Sue in Mid- Mi. (zone 5)