Old 27-02-2004, 04:05 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default Surface turbulance in a planted non CO2 inject tank, good or bad?

Harry Muscle wrote:

I know that surface turbulence is bad in a planted CO2 injected tank
since it drives off the extra CO2 that is pumped into the tank.
However, what about a planted non CO2 injected tank, like mine? I'm
setting up a 55G planted tank with 1.75wpg, and instead of CO2 I'm
using Flourish Excel. Do I want surface turbulence or not?

I can't give any absolute answer, but I have a heavly planted 20 gallon
with an Eclipse hood (lots of surface turbulance). I haven't injected
CO2 for several months, and I don't even use Excel. Plant growth is
excellent.

--
www.ericschreiber.com